Monday, May 13, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my tiny corner of the Internet! This space, which I have christened Idle Observations, will serve as the outlet for the various ruminations that occasionally occupy my mind. It is my fervent hope that I can fashion these amorphous thoughts into coherent and cogent blog posts that possibly provoke thought.

Miscellany will be the order of the day for Idle Observations. I will explore any subject about which I feel moved to write, provided I possess enough knowledge to provide an informed opinion. My first post, for example, will address the plight of the college graduate. My next post will examine race through the lens of the Trayvon Martin case. Other topics I might address include religion, politics, (un)employment, adulthood, sports, and education.

I'm not sure why I've decided to add my voice to the silent cacophony of the blogosphere, but it probably has something to do with boredom and a desire to hone whatever writing skills I still possess from my college days. As I embark on this little enterprise, I harbor no delusions of grandeur. Maybe I'll attract a small cadre of readers; maybe I'll be the only person who ever reads this material. I don't care. I just want to write.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment